Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Bad bunion surgery


I recently had bunion surgery on my right toe. Now I have developed severe pain in the toe.  Is this part of recovery?

Bunion surgery is fraught with complications. The majority of patients do not achieve a satisfactory result. The surgery is done by both orthopedic surgeons and podiatrists. In my opinion the surgical skills of these professionals sucks. If you have pain after bunion surgery, then more likely the surgeon has cut or damaged a branch of the peroneal nerve in the toe. This nerve runs along the lateral aspect of the toe and is often stretched during the procedure. The pain can be burning and intense. The only remedy now is to take a pill that can diminish neuropathic pain. I would highly recommend that you see a malpractice lawyer, as the damages in your case are life long.