Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Peeing constantly after a D & C


Recently I had a D & C. After a day, I noticed I was unable to control my bladder as the urine kept on flowing. Is this normal?

No urinating all the time is not normal. If this problem started after a D & C, then the probability is high that the surgeon caused a perforation of the bladder. The bladder sits on top of the uterus and can easily be perforated by the surgeon. In a D &C, sharp instruments are used to clean the uterus and a careless surgeon can easily poke a hole in the uterus and perforate the bladder. I think you need to see the surgeon and be worked up. If the bladder has been perforated, you will definitely need surgery to repair it. Keep all the bills, makes notes, take photos and then see a malpractice lawyer. You have a great case against this surgeon.